Monday, August 18, 2008

KKK - good!

No sirree, I am not talking about the dreaded Klu Klux Klan or something. I am talking about the recently concluded "Khatron Ke Khiladi" - the desi version of "Fear Factor". I used to watch the original once in a while and people could hear me muttering "Apparently, fear is not a factor for you!" once in a while too :). This desi version was hosted by Akshay Kumar and I must say he did a decent job of it. A much better job than the usual Shahrukhs and the Salmans trying to occupy every pixel of screen space on the idiot box. That they have failed miserably at it is known to everyone.

Infact, even Pi has turned into an ardent fan of Akshay's after the show. What was good was his earthy humor. He doesn't try to be eloquent or swanky in his humor (I think Shahrukh tries this a lot!). He doesn't switch to English now and then in what is a hindi channel show afterall. His guttural laughter, his dialogue delivery and his comic timing is what forces one to laugh heartily once in a while! Maybe that is why he is the real king of the masses. Take a look at the reruns once in a while if you can..

No comments: