Thursday, September 25, 2008

A children of Midnight..

First of all, let me tell you that am happy that "Sea of Poppies" has been nominated for this year's Bookers prize :). It really is splendid literature. I was/am bitten with the Booker's bug post that novel, and hence I decided to read "Midnight's Children" by Salman Rushdie. If you don't know this, this novel has been bestowed with the "Booker of Bookers" Prize - so I had/have high expectations.

I am 30% through and initially I found the language and the narration difficult to follow. The language and the continuity seemed unnatural to me and I was almost on the verge of abandoning reading it. But then the children of Midnight have been finally revealed and my interest has been sufficiently piqued. Hopefully when I am done with it, I might find resonance with those who voted it best of the best. So expect me to be a children of the midnight hour, pouring over printed words everyonce in a while... :)

No comments: